Saturday, April 4, 2009

Conversation with India

The backstory: My husband passed away almost 3 years ago.

Dishnetwork: How may I help you?
me: I'd like to place my dish service on vacation hold.
dnw: Well I can help with that.
me: Good
dnw: What's the address?
answered
dnw: What's the name on the account?
answered
dnw: Are you Dale?
me: no that's my deceased husband's name.
dnw: I'm sorry for your loss but in order to make this change I need to speak with Dale.
me: But he died.
dnw: Yes I understand but our policy is we have to speak to the person who orginally placed the order.
me: I understand but he's dead.
dnw: Again Ma'am I'm sorry for your loss but I need to speak with Dale.
me: Listen I'll tell you what, let's just cancel the dish account then.
dnw: We can certainly do that ma'am but I'll need to talk with Dale in order to confirm that.
me: Okay look, I'm going to call my mastercard and have them cancel your stupid satellite account then. You certainly haven't had a problem taking MY money and not Dale's. What is it you don't understand? He's dead!
dnw: Ma'am I'm sorry. This can be handled so easily for you, just let me speak with Dale.
me: Okay, do you have a pencil?
dnw: yes
me: Okay you can reach Dale here. H.E.A.V.E.N. And listen when you are done speaking to him tell him I need to talk to him also.
dnw: Ma'am would hold on a minute?
me: Certainly.
dnw: Thank you for holding. I've spoken with my supervisor and your account will be placed on vacation hold until you call us to release it.
me: Well thank you.
dnw: Not a problem Ma'am. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Honest to God-true story! kays

6 comments:

  1. This is unbelievable! I have just added your blog to my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh........geeeeeeeeez! That is insane!

    Side note... dish network is the company that I cancelled because they #1 gave me a malfunctioning receiver that led to me missing the season finale of Desperate Housewives a few years ago and #2 were going to charge me $100 for a service call on said malfunctioning receiver. jerks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....I used to work for the Comcast cable in ABQ, and some of our policies were scarily similar. Luckily I didn't deal with that....I don't know how the rep on the phone could get through a conversation like that! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, did Dale call back? unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See what happens when you outsource to India? The call was so ludicrous that it just cracked me up. And no Jane, thank God Dale didn't call me back! If he had I'd be joining him. kays

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously?? in the same breath that this guys says "sorry for your loss" he insists on speaking with dale?

    that would be enough for me to write a letter to the president and discontinue doing business with them. unbelievable!

    i'm so sorry for your loss and having to deal with this idiot.

    ReplyDelete